Data Tapes and Media Vaulting
It is a Scientific & Systematic process of Creating, Capturing, Archiving & Protecting ELECTRONIC DATA TAPES and other electronic media in a Safe, Secure, Temp & Humidity controlled environment, to swiftly & accurately Retrieve, Deliver & Replace, regularly or when required.
Electronic data is critical hence need to eliminate the risk of unexpected DOWN TIME to control Loss of Revenue & Cost of Revenue Recovery and Productivity. Since they vary in lifespan & longevity in a proper environment it could be about 30 years.
- Current Practices - Stored in the premise itself / MD’s House / Bank locker.
- i) No climate-controlled environment / Working Hours restriction
- ii) Trusted resource for retrieval / Identification of required tape
- Kayman’s Media Management Model
- a) Environment
- i) Climate control – Temperature / humidity / Dust & Pollution
- ii) Anti-static Flooring / Anti Flame Lightings / Paper free storage
- iii) Gas based fire suppression systems
- b) Storage Models
- i) Compactors / Open shelving / Closed Containers / Chubs
- ii) Exclusive or Private Vaults
- c) Rotations
- i) Scheduled delivery and collections of tapes or Requirement Basis
- ii) 24x7 transportation in secure Containers